NIU, a successful and affordable electric moped manufacturer, unveiled the first-ever electric kick scooter. Starting this summer, the new two-wheeler – NIU electric kick scooter – will be accessible in China, Europe, and North America.
- Performance – 25km/h (Europe) / 20mph (US) / Up to 40km Range
- Comfort – 542mm Wide Handlebar / 9.5*2.5 Tyres / Wide Deck
- Battery – Powerful 48V Lithium Battery / 5 Hour Charging Time
- Smart – Bluetooth App Connectivity
- Safety – Aerospace Grade Alumnium / Dual Disc Brakes/ Iconic Halo Light / Integrated Bell
The NIU kick scooter will be available in two different models: Pro and Sport. The Pro scooter will have a top speed of 19.8 mph in the United States, while the Sport model will have a top speed of 17.4 mph. Both models will have a limited top speed of 25 km/h in Europe (15.5 mph). On a single 7.5-hour charge, the Pro will have a range of 31 miles (50 km), whereas the Sport will have a range of 25 miles (40 km) on a single 5.5-hour charge.
In North America, NIU is best recognized for its famous $2,000 electric mopeds, which have been used by corporations including Revel and Lime. San Francisco, San Diego, Austin, Chicago, Washington, DC, Miami, Fort Lauderdale, and Honolulu are among the cities where the mopeds can be purchased.
The NIU electric scooter will go on pre-sale in June 2021, with launch in July 2021 in the United States and Europe. The NIU kick scooter will be available for purchase online or at any of NIU’s showrooms and stores in Europe and North America starting in August 2021.