WhatsApp has long supported stickers, but if you want to make your own, it will always direct you to a third-party app. That is no longer the case on WhatsApp Web. You can use it to make any image into your own personalized sticker. Stickers in WhatsApp were first introduced in 2018, and the platform has since iterated on them by introducing animations and emoji-based sticker suggestions. Custom stickers for whatsapp can be thought of as super-individual emoji that allow you to express much more than just a few basic emotions. The best way to express your emotions and creativity is to make your own stickers, so here’s how to create custom stickers by yourself.
First of all, you need to set up WhatsApp Web on your computer.
How to start whatsapp web?
To get started, you’ll need to connect your phone to WhatsApp Web on your computer if you haven’t already.
- Navigate to the three-dot overflow menu in the top right corner of your phone’s WhatsApp app and select the Linked devices option.
- Select the big green Link a device option, which you must confirm with your lockscreen PIN or fingerprint.
- The app will then prompt you to go to web.whatsapp.com on your computer, which is exactly what you’ll need to do in order to continue.
- Return to your phone and tap Ok once you’ve opened that website. Allow WhatsApp access to your camera, and then scan the QR code displayed on your computer.
How to make stickers in Whatsapp?
As soon as you’ve set up WhatsApp Web, you can begin creating your own stickers in the web app:
- Enter any chat and then click the Emoji icon to the left of the text field, followed by the Sticker symbol (it should be the third from the right).
- At the top of the newly opened section, you’ll see a Create button, which you must click next.
- Select an image from your hard drive to turn into a sticker using the now-visible system file picker.
- Once you’ve chosen an image, you’ll be taken to WhatsApp’s image editor, where you can further customize it with emoji, stickers, text, and a drawing tool.
- When you’re finished, click Save in the top right corner. You can also immediately send the sticker to your contact by clicking the Send arrow button in the bottom right corner.
Import your stickers to your phone
You’ll have to jump through some hoops to get your custom stickers for whatsapp onto your phone. WhatsApp does not currently automatically transfer them from the web app to the Android and iOS apps, but there is a workaround:
- Find a reliable contact and inform them that you will be using them in the sticker creation process.
- After you’ve created a sticker using the steps outlined above, send it to your trusted contact. You can do this with as many stickers as you want (or as many as they are ready to bear).
- Open your phone’s conversation with your friend and tap on the sticker you sent them.
- In the dialog, click the Add to Favorites shortcut.
- Your self-created stickers will then appear in the favorite stickers section of your WhatsApp emoji panel, ready to be used in other conversations.
Limitations to create custom stickers
Because custom stickers are new to WhatsApp, there are a few restrictions you should be aware of. In November 2021, only WhatsApp Web will be able to create stickers; however, beginning in December 2021, WhatsApp will also roll out the capability to the WhatsApp desktop applications for Windows and Mac. We can only hope that custom stickers for whatsapp will be common to phones soon rather than later, as the process is currently overly complicated. However, if you want to create custom stickers without having to rely on third-party apps on your Android phone, this is the way to go right now.